An unsung guitar hero from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, where he grew up just a few miles from the Waukesha birthplace of the late, great guitarist-inventor Les Paul, Greg Koch has established himself within six-string circles as a masterful technician, accomplished clinician and general bad-ass guit-picker. No less than guitar virtuoso Steve Vai noted Koch’s six-string prowess and promptly signed him to his Favored Nations label in 2001. Tom Wheeler from Guitar Player magazine hailed him as “fiendishly talented” while other critics have called him everything from “a twisted guitar genius” to “the best kept secret in the guitar firmament.”
As a leader of various bands bearing his name, Greg has toured the world bringing the “Gristle” to the people. He continues to channel all the right people on his most recent collection of blues, funk and R&B, including Jimi Hendrix, Albert King, Albert Collins, Jeff Beck and Roy Buchanan with touches of Stevie Ray Vaughan, Danny Gatton and Richie Blackmore thrown in for good measure. And he filters all those killer influences through his own slightly bent prism that is tinted with grunge, gristle and good clean fun.
- Voice 1 – White-Guard. Open and airy, the sound of Nashville and Bakersfield, chicken pickin’, and the big strum.
- Voice 2 – Black-Guard. Fat & punch, searing sustain. Undeniable Tele® muscle.
Fluence Signature Greg Koch Gristle-Tone Pickup Set features:
- 1 lead and 1 rhythm direct replacement pickups for Telecaster® guitars
- Completely assembled, pre-wired, drop-in control plate that includes:
– 3-way switch
– Volume and Tone pots
– Push-push Voice Selector button
– Fluence rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack
- Replacement “jack cup” with ¼” audio and USB charging jacks
- Installs without permanent modifications*
- Hum-free, Fluence Multi-Voice tone
Middle/Both position accurately reproduces the shift in resonance that occurs when using two passive pickups in parallel, compared to either Neck or Bridge pickup by itself.
Fluence Signature Greg Koch Gristle-Tone Pickups:
- Are Multi-Voice. Set and forget, or wire-up to toggle between two musically complimentary voices.
- Drop right in and replace standard Tele® pickups.
- Are rechargeable on your guitar. Included lithium-ion battery pack offers weeks, not hours, of playing time.